As a way to do good this holiday season, today is Giving Tuesday, which is celebrated every Tuesday after Thanksgiving. If you're feeling generous, you can donate to a charity of your choice or even volunteer at a local organization and help feed the hungry. You could also provide supplies for the poor or even do something as simple as helping a neighbor. You can see all of the organizations you can donate to in your area and other ways you can help give back to your community by visiting GivingTuesday.org.
More ways to particpate
- Share kindness with your neighbors.
- Volunteer virtually or share your talents
- Give your voice to a cause that matters to you
- Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Discover a local fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back -- they need your help.
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
- Talk about giving and generosity using the hashtag #GivingTuesday
Photo Credit: Getty Images