When going through the game of life, there's things you learn along the way. Here are 10 things you MUST follow in life, that are unwritten, but absolutely need to be 2nd nature. It doesn't matter if you are a teenager or mature adult, people that don't follow these rules are bound to get burned because of it. Thanks to Buzzfeed and Reddit for this list!
- Buy a plunger before you need a plunger - Even more important, if you have guests at your house, ALWAYS have a plunger in the bathroom they are allowed to use. There's nothing more embarrassing than having to ask the homeowner "do you happen to have a plunger?".
- If somebody shows you a photo on their phone, don't swipe left or right - This is especially true if they face the phone away from you to find the photo. It's likely they don't want you to see something else in their photo gallery!
- Don't ever make fun of someone else's laugh - It's just a natural human trait and rarely is forced and just comes out. They can't help they laugh like a hyena, and they'll be self conscious to laugh from that point on.
- Don't ask for something if the person only has one left - I'm talking about ANYTHING. A piece of gum, candy, cake, tampon...whatever. My wife and I are notorious for never eating the last piece of pizza or food for some odd reason. Unless the person is begging you to have a piece of gum (probably cause your breath reeks!) then just don't do it.
- If you use up all of the toilet paper, 'you' go refill it - Most of us use toilet paper and at some point the roll will need to be replaced. Don't use it all and not put a new roll on. If you don't know where another roll is, then just ask if there's any more toilet paper.
- If you borrow someone's car, fill up the tank before bring it back to them - It was extremely nice that they let you borrow something they rely on every day, so the least you can do is thank them by filling up the gas. Don't just put the tank back to where it was, fill it. They aren't a rental company.
- Don’t leave your shopping cart in the middle of the grocery aisle - Nobody can get by easily and people will hate you. There's nothing worse than having a full cart and have to put all my might into whipping around a cart that somebody parked in the middle of the isle.
- Don't look through the gap of bathroom stalls - So what if you have to go and want to make sure if somebody is in there or not. There's nothing worse than making eye contact with somebody while you're locked in a bathroom stall. There's a reason I shut the door!
- Walk on the same side of the stairs or sidewalk that you drive on - In the U.S. we drive on the right, so it's natural to also walk on the right too. More often than not people will natural pass you on your left when walking, and it's un-natural to pass on the right. The same goes for the hallway at work.
- Chew with your mouth closed - Please please please make this a habit. If you have kids, push them to do this. There's nothing more disgusting than seeing chewed up food in somebody's mouth. It's not attractive whatsoever. Just don't do it.
I promise you that if you make these 10 rules in life a habit, you're going to be considered a stellar person (well, unless you're a known thief or killer). It's not that hard to do, honestly!